It seems pretty fitting that when I open up this blog,
that I have seriously neglected, the last post was almost exactly 1 year ago.
At that time we had sort of "shelved" the urgency to adopt.
We most certainly did not feel less called to adopt, but we
were certain that the time was not right.
Oh what a difference a year makes!!
When I read over the previous post on this blog, it becomes
apparent that I had a plan. I wanted to add a child or two to
my family. I wanted boys. I. I. I.
Well, a lot of praying happened over the last year.
We continued to save money for a home study and agreed
we would start with that as soon as the funds were available.
Then...a few months ago, something happened.
God showed me the most beautiful face.
and, I learned the most heart breaking story.
and, God started working a little bit harder on me.
You see, this sweet girl is in need of a pretty important surgery.
God said "you have money to spare"
You see, this sweet girl is in need of prayer.
God said "you need to pray"
You see, this sweet girl is in need of a family.
God said "this is your daughter!"
Now...I will admit that I did not want to listen at first.
I can help this sweet girl...but He does not really intend for
me to be her momma. Right?
Remember...my plan. A boy. Not a girl. Are you sure Lord?
Well...He put a longing in my youngest daughters heart too.
A longing that left her in agony crying to my husband and I,
"would you not love me if I needed surgery, or if I were born
with a problem?"
And, He sent my oldest daughter all the way to Ghana to meet,
and fall in love with this sweet girl. To send daily photos of her
sweet smiling face. To come home with videos and stories. To
tell us of this sweet girls days, sitting in a little plastic chair.
Well...between my own children and the prayers of others and
Gods voice everywhere I turned. It was not long before I [and my
husband] realized that the time was now. And the child was our
sweet, sweet "C"
Now, we are going to continue to put one foot in front of the other.
We are going to keep our eyes fixed on Jesus.
This is His story.
but we are so very privileged to be a part of it.
No comments:
Post a Comment