Saturday, November 14, 2015

6 months of living & loving

It has been 6 months since my last update. Truthfully I have sat and started several updates...gotten a few paragraphs in and just could not find the words to say. Many beautiful things have happened & in between all of those things we have just lived!! 

I have changed the blog up a little. While it started as a way to provided updates about our adoption...now that we have entered the "after the process" phase, I wanted to expand it to include updates on our entire family. I thought long and hard about a new name for the blog...and settled on "Thankful for Grace", because I am a mother of 4 girls, three that are teenagers & one with speical needs...throw in the husband and the dog and the full time job...and I find myself thankful for grace EVERY DAY!!

Here are just a few our amazing moments from the past 6 months!

In June Christabel Camryn was baptized. This was a hard thing to explain to her, and she was very nervous about it. What a blessed day it was! She is a daughter of the King & we are so thankful to journey with her as she learns about Him and all He has done for her!!


In July Christabel's walker finally arrived!! We had waited 6 weeks and made several calls to her insurance company! *the life of a special needs mom requires a certain fierceness in dealing with insurance companies* We were so excited to have her up and on her feet starting to build the muscles needed to walk. She will likely not walk independently...but this gave her a mobility that she had never had before!!


In August we were all promoted!! We went from Mom, Dad & Sisters...to Grandma, Grandpa & Aunties!!! Yes...you read that right...I am a grammy! And Tate is a momma!!
On August 12 Daxton Robert joined our family...7lbs 7oz of sweet handsome squishiness! While at times I feel like I am far to young for this title...I am excited about God's plan for our family as we journey into this new chapter in life! I am guessing that the Daxton Robert chapter is going to be an amazing adventure filled with dirty things & toads in pockets...and I truly can not wait for this precious boy to pick me a dandelion & present it to me with pride!! I may not feel old enough for this...but I thank God every day that His plans are SO much greater than all I could ask or imagine!!



I also had a birthday in August. [I thought Dax would hold out and arrive as the most wonderful birthday gift EVER...but he decided he wanted his very own day!] Even with all excitement of the little mans arrival, my day did not go unnoticed. I bummed a little that the dinner happened minus 3 pretty special people...but we stopped to see them before we headed to the Mitten Brewing Co to celebrate my birth!


September brought the start of another school year!! While two thirds of our school goers were not excited about this event...the other third had looked forward to this day her entire life!! Christabel had asked us almost daily about going to school since the day she arrived home! She had never set foot in a school! In Ghana children with disabilities are not sent to school. It did not matter that her disability was physical and did not affect her mind or her ability to learn...school is just not an option for "children like her". Which is SO VERY SAD...because she is very smart & learns very quickly & has the memory of an elephant!! We could not wait to get her in a classroom and watch her blossom!! 


September also brought the celebration of our 20th anniversary! Holy shmoly!! The things that God crammed into the past 20 years...that is a topic for a whole other post! We have planned a family trip to the Smoky Mountains to celebrate this milestone!! For now...a flashback to September 16, 1995.


In October we got to shower Christabel with some birthday love!! 7 amazing years!! To think about all that God has done in this sweet life in those 7 years blows my mind!! Miracle after miracle!! It was a little odd to be celebrating her birthday for the first time at 7 years old. We headed to Tate & Trevor's house for dinner, cake & gift opening.


That brings us to November! Nothing extremely noteworthy so far. This is the month we are headed to the the Smoky Mountains...and we'll start the season of holiday celebrations. We look forward to closing out 2015 & moving into the journey that 2016 will bring!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment