a lot of good things happened this week [actually in the last 2 days]
First, we have been waiting [and sending and re-sending applications] for Tate's fingerprinting appointment with USCIS. Our first app went out on April 7th [so 2 months and 14 days ago to be exact] and it has been a struggle to say the least. I am happy to announce that we did receive her letter/appointment yesterday...BUT...her name is incorrect. Ugg...I will say that I find it amazing that with all the forms and applications, not to mention our home study, all of which contained her correct name that this letter shows up addressed to "Katelynn".
A BIG thank you to our USCIS officer who was so kind and fixed that problem right away...now, as long as we receive the correct letter before the 25th...this fingerprinting journey will be behind us!!
Second, Tate is getting ready to head to Ghana to volunteer at City of Refuge Ministries for 5 weeks. She is leaving on July 6th, and we had sent out her visa application the beginning of June. After a small snafu because they did not like the picture we used...we were waiting...and waiting...and panicking [and when I say we I really mean me]. My daughter showed me a little bit about trusting and being faithful...as I frantically tried to figure out what we would do if it did not come...she calmly proclaimed "it will all work out"...and yesterday morning...at about 11:15 am...in rolled the mail person...with the visa!!
Third, when I got the mail yesterday I was happy to find another grant :]
This one from Families Outreach.
It is a small grant, but we are grateful for each dollar that comes!!
No matter the size of the gift they all add up and get us that much closer to our sweet girl in our arms!!
Finally, we got an update on our girl. The directors of HOMe are in Ghana for the summer, and this means more updates...and more pictures!! So, it sounds like she is still her delightful self, LOVES visitors and playing outside. Was playing with and stacking blocks and saying the color of each as she stacked them [in English!!] We have been told that she seems to know/understand more English than she lets on. She was able to answer questions, and engaged in conversation with Debbie, much to the surprise of the house parents and help.
The best part of the update was finding out that "C" had a follow up at FOCUS, which is where she had surgery last November, and she has been given a clean bill of health!!
We praise God for the healing he has performed in her life, and for the progress being made in developmental areas as well!!
Oh I just can't wait to meet her!!
Please continue to pray for her, for Cam and I and our girls here at home and for the Bethany team in Ghana and the director.
"He makes all things beautiful in His time"
No comments:
Post a Comment